WinTEC3 Calibration Software
(for use on TEC3/TEC3r ONLY)
The WinTEC3 Software is Electromotive's TEC3, TEC3-6/12 and early TEC3r tuning software which features siple, understandable parameters designed to get you up an running in short order. Input your engine parameters (i.e. injector size, peak HP, boost level, etc.) into WinTEC3's unique "Tuning Wizard," and your engine will be up and running faster than you ever thought possible. With point-and-click abilities, "Hot Keys," and generous Help Screens throughout the program, it won't be long before YOU are known as the "Tuning Wizard!" After you get the engine up and running, a real-time, high-resolution Data Display with 'Tune-on-the-Fly' capabilities allows you to change tuning parameters while the engine running.
Fuel curves, Ignition advance curves, and Desired Air-Fuel Ratio curves are established using the Interactive Graphical Interface. The tables are adjustable from 8x8 to 16x16 data points of engine load (MAP) versus engine speed (RPM). With as few as 64 data points and up to 256 data point, interpolation occurs between data points to create seamless curves automatically, unlike other systems that require repetitious entry of hundreds of data values into their maps. Cold Start and Warm-Up Enrichments make for excellent drivability, as do the many other fuel enrichment parameters.
Our industry-leading Knock Control will instantly suppress low octane engine detonation or "pinging." For radically-cammed and throttle-per-cylinder engines, perfect idle quality can be achieved with the WinTEC3 'TPS/MAP Blend' feature, which smoothes out the erratic manifold vacuum signal at idle and low-RPM operation. Proportional Air Fuel Ratio (AFR) programmability allows the tuner to target different AFR's for varying driving conditions. Multi-Stage Nitrous Oxide activation is a snap, and stage-dependent timing retards are even easier! Boost control, torque converter lockup control, idle air control, and many other features are standard with WinTEC3. WinTEC3 software allows viewing of all sensor readings, output settings, status reading, compensations and full OEM-style diagnostic monitoring.
WinTEC3 - Windows® based Calibration Software
- ‘Pro Tuner’ Powerful, yet ‘First Time User’ Friendly!
- Featuring the ‘Tuning Wizard’ for fast start-ups!
The newest WinTEC3 Software and Firmware release is Version 3.5.6
CAUTION - always verify your calibration file after an upgrade/conversion.
The Software and Firmware Upgrade is packed with features and fixes for your TEC³ and WinTEC software. These are firmware revision WT305T3, and WinTEC3 version 3.5.6. (Firmware is the code that is downloaded to the TEC3 and literally performs the engine management). WinTEC3 is the windows software that is run on a PC or laptop to configure and download bin files. You can see your current software and firmware versions by opening the analog engine monitor screen in WinTEC3. The software version will be in the title bar at the top of the screen. The firmware version is in the middle of the screen in the box titled “TEC3 Software Version”.
Here are just of few of the upgrades and fixes included in the free download:
Software WinTEC3 3.5.6 and Firmware WT305T3
- Support for 2 and 3-wire solenoid type idle speed motors was added to the TEC3r. The three wire idle motors require the use of a small adapter now available. A dedicated pin on the TEC3r drives either a 2-wire idle motor or a 3-wire adapter. The idle speed control software has also been entirely rewritten, making idle control smoother and much more responsive. The new idle speed routines work with all supported idle motors. Idle speed performance is nearly identical with 2 and 3 wire frequency valve and with 4-wire stepper type idle motors. When the firmware is used on a TEC3 standard or 6/12, the new idle system works with the stepper type idle speed motors only. The idle speed routines work similarly to the idle speed control used by OEM auto manufacturers. The new system is simpler to set up and the results are vastly improved over the old system. The new idle system is covered in the TEC 3 Manual version 1.9.C pages 34-41.
- Decel settings are now dependant only on the set RPM and TPS fully closed voltage. When the TPS registers fully closed voltage and the RPMs are above the decel limit, there is a 500 ms delay before entering decel mode. The delay helps to maintain a smooth cruise when moving on and off the throttle. A MAP value below which decel is activated can optionally be used. This helps to prevent the injectors from cutting off during cruising with engines that cruise very close to fully closed throttle.
- The rev limiter has been heavily reworked allowing far more flexibility. All rev limiter parameters are now adjustable. A progressive fuel cut has also been added which progressively cuts individual injectors rather than all injectors at once. This progressive cut makes the rev limit far less harsh and works great for staging a dragster with a torque converter. It also improves rev limiter operation when used with a super charger.
- The spontaneous retard issue with the knock sensor disabled has been fixed.
- Extensive improvements have been made to the data logging system. Basic operation remains the same, but many bugs have been fixed.
- Numerous “behind the scenes” bugs have been fixed, improving the overall operation of WinTEC.
*NOTE: If upgrading from WinTEC3 v3.0.94, new MAP calculations are more accurate. Additional tuning may be required for existing calibration (.bin) files.
This new upgrade is the part of our continued innovative improvements to the WinTEC software and to the TEC³ ECU. As a pioneer in ignition and engine management, Electromotive has called upon years of experience, extensive research & development, and industry leading engineering to produce the ultimate in a superior engine management system. We will continue to add the features and options that you want that will further improve the TEC³ abilities and power.
After you have downloaded the new upgrade, don't forget to check our website periodically for even newer and more powerful upgrades which are coming in the near future.
- WinTEC3 (3.4.1) Software
- WinTEC3 (3.2.1) Software (TEC3r ONLY)
- WinTEC3 (3.1.1) Software (Purple TEC3 ONLY)